Friday, August 1, 2008

Toy gun, Brunei version

I remember when I was still a kid, my brother and I used to make this toy gun. I think only some people in Sungai Liang know about this gun. The gun is made from a plank of wood, a nail, strong rubber band and a peg (sapit). For the ammo, we use pine tree seeds which can be found along the coast lines near by. But the pine seeds must have the attachment so that the peg can hold it in place. It is powered using elastic force from the rubber band. The purpose of the nail is to hold the rubber band in place.

You may asked me why we (Sungai Liang past youth) invented this toy gun (not really sure who actually come up with the idea)? Because there were no computer games, playstation and other source of entertainment around. So we come up with this. It is pretty fun, like paint ball these days (well obviously paint ball is million times better, but still good fun in that time). I remembered my bro managed to scratch his friend (because the pine seeds have some sharp edges). This is one of cool games we did and I want to share it to my fellow Bruneians.

Look at the youth these days eh. Ipod, psp, high tech phones and many more. I noticed not many more kids visiting houses randomly to collect green packet. Last time we used to crash houses, trying to make some money, not just get free food. I really missed those days. Now, I'm too old for green packet hehe.

Anyways, feel free to post your experience about any games that you come up with when you were a kid or any experience you wanna share.

thanks for reading

1 comment:

Diyana said...

haha ganas ur game masa kanak2 ah. me masa kanak2 main typical games saja like main carah, main tapuk2.

I agree with u kanak2 now main game yg malas2 mcm ps, xbox, computer.. duduk2 saja seharian.. iatah tinggi obesity rate d brunei!