Friday, August 1, 2008

Treasure hunt in Sungai Liang

Do you know that Sungai Liang, a suburb near the border of Tutong district and next to Lumut, is a historical place. In the past, Chinese vessels docked in Sungai Liang and made trades to the locals. "Liang" in chinese literally means pretty (correct me if Im wrong), maybe that was how Sungai Liang got its name. My UBD friend told me that there is one place in Sungai Liang where you can find old pieces of porceliene plates and bowls. Cool eh.

Based from my last post, it reminded our past treasure hunt. My brother brought his friends and I to this well. They believed there is treasure chest inside the well (haha). They poked the well using long stick and they noticed the middle section was shallower than the edge and it felt like a box. So they tried to drain the well and have a look. But we didn't manage to drain the well (just using a damn bucket). It was a spooky place when I think of it. It is located near this bridge and the river. I heard this well was used by past armies and now they still use it for their training.

Disappointed with our treasure hunt, we went home with empty handed except wet dirty cloth...

No comments: